You are on Doubts > Doubts

Common Questions

1. What is the first step before building?

The first step is to define what will be built in the lot.
In the case of residence, the owner needs to define whether his home will be for personal use, sale and/or rent.
In the case of commercial work the owner must define in which segment will be his focus.
From this definition, the owner must seek architectural and engineering professionals with experience in the market for the preparation of projects and to understand the procedure for the release of the Permit of Works issued by the City Hall or Administration of his city.
To know more about the first steps before building, Contact Us.

2. What projects do I need?

The Architecture professional should send you to a Topographer for the preparation of the Planialtimetric Survey Project, which will go to the field to gather information such as level curves, conference of measurements according to the deed, presence or not of trees, posts, storm drain/sewer, entrance and exit of water, energy and sewage.
With the planialtimetry ready, the Architectural Project will be started. This project consists of stages of elaboration of studies, where the owner discusses with his professional about environments, flows, insolation, aesthetics and constructive style among several other factors that influence the operation, funcionality and the beauty of the construction.
After the final definition of the studies, the project will be elaborated in a technical way, where it will consist of floor plans, cross section, frontages, roofing, implantation and technical details.
With the architectural project ready, the Complementary Engineering Projects are started.
The main projects are: structural, slab and foundation, electric, hydraulic and sewage and drainage.
Some informations are fundamentals for the elaboration of these projects, such as the discussion of the best construction system, the use or not of solar heating system, type of installation for toilets, quantity of liters that should be the water tank, among others.
Other projects are of fundamental importance, but are only necessary according to the size and/or type of enterprise, such as Fire fighting systems projects, Protection system against atmospheric discharges projects, CCTV - Closed-circuit television (video surveillance) projects, Storm water drainage projects, HVAC - Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning Projects, civil engineering infrastructure projects and several others.
To know more about what projects you will need before starting a work, Contact Us.

3. How is the procedure for requesting the Permit of Works by the City Hall or Municipal Administration?

Each municipality presents some particularities for this service, but in general, the main project to be presented to the government that releases the Building Permit is the Architectural, where it will be analyzed if the project was elaborated according to the municipal and federal laws, including accessibility projects for disabled people.
Enterprise's projects of small, medium and large-sized require the presentation of some complementary Projects of Engineering.
The documents necessary to be attached to the Architectural Project are usually: Annotation or Record of Technical Responsibility of project elaboration and execution of the work signed by the author of the project and owner of the work, Land Deed (or Purchase and Sale Agreement) and Negative Certificates of municipal debts.
The City Hall or Administration issues a fee for approval of the project and release of the Permit.
Typically this rate is based on the square footage being built.
To know more about the processing of permits, Contact Us.

4. What is ART and RRT?

ART - Annotation of Technical Responsibility - document issued by the engineering professional, through the CREA (Regional Council of Engineering and Agronomy) system, which includes the list of projects elaborated or execution of the work related to a certain enterprise.

The issuance of ART and RRT is of fundamental importance and obligatoriness on any project or execution of work.
A signed copy must always be kept on the work during the whole course of the work.
To know more about ART and RRT, Contact Us.

5. When will it be necessary to issue licenses and studies, reports and projects environmental?

Each municipality consists of different legislations and municipal requirements but some are of federal requirements and should be considered anywhere in the country.>
Commercial or multifamily projects usually require environmental licenses such as LP - Previous License, LI - Installation License and LO - Operating License.
These licenses communicate to the municipality the type of segment that will be used in a given region, presenting the degree of environmental impact it will generate.
When effluents are introduced into natural waters there is also a need for permits and use authorizations.
To know more about environmental licenses and projects, Contact Us.

6. What is the PGRS/PGRCC or SWMP (Solid Waste Management Plan)?

PGRS - Solid Waste Management Program or PGRCC - Civil Construction Waste Management Program or SWMP (Solid Waste Management Plan).
It is a report with previous calculations of residues to be generated by the building to be built, also presenting the final destination of this waste.
All elaboration of PGRS or PGRCC or SWMP must consist of emission of ART or RRT of elaboration and management of the residues.
To know more about PGRS or PGRCC or SWMP, Contact Us.

7. What is the RT of the work?

The RT or Technical Responsible of the work is an Architectural or Engineering professional who issues his ART or RRT of responsible for the execution and good progress of the work.
It is mandatory to have one or more RTs per job.
Its accompaniment with the progress from beginning to end of the work is of fundamental importance, so that the technical team receives all the necessary guidelines so that everything happens according to projects.
He is civilly responsible for the work and must write off his ART or RRT upon completion of the work.
To know more about RT work, Contact Us.

8. What is the difference between Executive Finishing Projects and Interior Design (decoration/furniture)?

The Executive Finishing Projects includes all the interior finishes of a building, services as the choice of the materials, pagination and quantitative of floors, tiles, linings, porcelain tile, ceiling lining paging, interior lighting design, definition of porcelain sanitary ware, metal wash basin, handrails and guardrails, grids and any internal details of the building that will be in its physical structure in the delivery of the work.
It is of fundamental importance for the enterprise to present quality and be well built.
The Executive Finishing Projects involves the choice and technical drawings of furniture, which can be bought ready or made.
Also includes complements and objects of decoration, such as curtains/blinds, carpets, mirrors, paintings, vase decorations, wallpapers and stickers.
To know more about Finishing Projects and Interior Design (decoration/furniture), Contact Us.